Two sons of a Rountree couple who were found dead at their Rountree home last January filed suit against DeLong Plumbing Two Inc. this week, alleging wrongful deaths.
April 14th, a petition was filed claiming that DeLong Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning, which trades under the name DeLong Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning, was negligent and failed alert Dwaine and Judith Crigger to the fact that flue gas leaked from a 2000-model water heater. Jerod Crigger and Brian Crigger claim that their negligence caused the deaths of their parents through carbon monoxide poisoning. Flue gas is the result of combustion and other reactions in furnaces that pass through pipes called flues.
Plaintiffs are seeking damages for the injuries suffered by their descendants as a direct and proximate consequence of the occurrence described in the lawsuit. Plaintiffs will suffer future losses due to the loss of the love, care, comfort and society of their descendants.
Jerod Crigger and Brian Crigger claim they have been subject to damages exceeding $25,000. The suit claims Jerod and Brian Crigger have suffered damages in excess of $25,000.
According to the petition, Dwaine Crigger and Judith Crigger’s bodies were discovered in their home by Springfield Police officers on 7/7/2016. According to the couple’s obituary, Dwaine was an art teacher at Missouri State University in 2011. Judith was an elementary school teacher, before she returned home to care for her children.
Officials from DeLong Plumbing did not respond to our request for comment. According to court documents, the Criggers are represented in court by Megan Creson and Randy Reichard of Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law LLC.